Company Policy - Returns and Exchange
- Most of our pieces currently displayed are in African prints. The prints are often waxed which sometimes gives it a stiff texture. It’s typically called Dutch Wax Prints/African Wax Prints/Ankara. The wax is used during the process of creating the different color patterns on the prints. The texture of the fabric varies. Some may be stiffer than others and can make the fabric flow look different. We will try to indicate which fabric prints are more waxed than others.
- Most of our pieces are custom made to the specific measurements you provided. If you are in our area; (DC/MD/VA) or can travel to our location; it is highly recommended that you come in person to get measured and fitted. An order may require one appointment for measurement and 2-3 appointments for fittings.
- For any items with general sizes, you may need to get it altered. We will provide as much details as we can on how the piece is fitted. (Ex. A piece displayed as a US 8 but can fit “big/large”. A piece may be displayed as a US 10; can fit small)
- All custom orders have to be paid in full before we start working on it. You have the option to do a layaway plan and we can provide more details if you choose that option. Your layaway plan has to be paid in full before we start your order.
- We do not accept returns or exchanges unless the order arrived damaged or defective. For our out-of-area clients, if an item does not fit properly, I will be more than happy to guide you on how to get it altered. Of course, if you are able to come in person, then alterations can be done at no charge. (There will be $25-$50 fee for Additional alterations after weight gain or weight loss).
Please notify us within 3-7 days of receiving the order if it arrived damaged or defective. Proof of damage or defective item is required. We will be responsible for shipping costs. We can then discuss if you want a new order or a refund.
- It is highly recommended that you either hand wash pieces by itself or dry clean. Most of the African prints colors may run so please try to hand wash them by itself. I do prefer getting the African prints dry cleaned.
- Custom pieces can take anywhere from 1-6 weeks for completion. Each design varies and we will let you know the estimated completion for the design of your choice.